The nose is one of the most noticeable parts of the face. It is therefore natural that even the slightest disproportion in the shape of the nose is noticeable. Some rhinoplasty patients just want a nice, proportionate nose, while others who have nasal septum problems dream of being able to snore at night and breathe through both nostrils without problems.
Rhinoplasty is a rhinoplasty performed to correct the shape and size of the nose:
- the whole nose can be reduced,
- to reduce or eliminate the nasal hump,
- change (flatten, lower, raise, etc.) the tip of your nose,
- change the shape of your nostrils.
- stretch the nasal septum.
- correction of the nasolabial angle
How is the surgery performed?
The operation is performed under general anaesthesia and takes on average 1.5-2 hours.
The operation can be performed using two methods:
- Closed rhinoplasty. It is performed through internal incisions in the nasal mucosa so that the scars remain unnoticeable after the surgery.
- Open rhinoplasty. In this case, an incision is made in the skin of the nasal septum, and incisions are extended in the mucous membrane of the nostrils on both sides. After the surgery, a scar a few millimetres long is left on the skin of the nasal septum.
The surgery corrects the cartilaginous part of the nose or the cartilaginous-bony deformity of the nasal dorsum, and, if necessary, the curvature of the nasal axis. If we operate on nasal septal problems, we work together with otorhinolaryngologists – ear, nose and throat doctors.
What is important to pay attention to after surgery?
- After the operation, you need to spend one day in the clinic.
- The sutures are not pulled out of the nasal mucosa; they dissolve on their own.
- After open rhinoplasty, the sutures are inserted 7 days after the surgery.
- The bruising can last up to three weeks after surgery.
- After a full rhinoplasty, you need to wear a special nose splint for 10-12 days.
- 1-1.5 months after surgery. you should avoid active physical activity and not wear any glasses. Wearing glasses can cause the nasal bones to shift when they are not fully healed, which can change the shape of the nose.
- The final aesthetic result is not visible until after healing (1 to 1.5 years), but changes in shape are visible almost immediately after surgery.